Sponsorship for a PHI Cricket Tournament
Public Health Inspector (PHI) is one of the four authorised officer categories of the National Authority on Tobacco and Alcohol (NATA) Act, the main legislation framework related to tobacco control in Sri Lanka.
Sponsorship for a Cricket Tournament
Central Province PHI trade union organised a cricket tournament in Kandy in 2017 (Images 01 and 02) under the sponsorship of GB Group. GB Group is a subsidiary of Arunadisi Traders Private Limited, a main distributor of Cigarettes for Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC (CTC). Please see the page on Arunadisi Traders Private Limited for more details.
Supervising Public Health Inspector District (SPHID) of Kandy District KMKE Handunsuriya was accused of coordinating this sponsorship (Image 03). Please see the page on KMKE Handunsuriya for more details.
- Public Health Inspector (PHI)
- Ceylon Tobacco Company PLC (CTC)
- National Authority on Tobacco and Alcohol (NATA) Act
- Arunadisi Traders Private Limited
- KMKE Handunsuriya
The local language translations
- Ministry of Health. PHI Manual, undated, The Public Health Inspectors’ Union of Sri Lanka, accessed April 2018
- National Authority on Tobacco and Alcohol (NATA). Website, 2010, accessed April 2018
- PASC Lakmal. Letter on the Central Province Public Health Inspectors’ Union district cricket tournament, 02 April 2017